Sunday, August 12, 2007

First Sight

I can remember seeing my son for the first time seven weeks ago. It was an amazing feeling. Before giving birth I was petrified about the labor and delivery. Some of my friends that already have children told me not to worry - labor was the easy part. Now that I am a mother I realize that what they said was true. Raising the child is the hard part. As I said, my son (Andrew) was born seven weeks ago. He was born 7 lbs 7 ounces, with a full head of (long and dark) hair and looking wide-eyed, alert and ADORABLE. Although he was an average size baby the hair and eyes made him look more mature.

1 comment:

Leeann said...

I remember the day of my children's births like they all happened yesterday. There is nothing like the first 24 hours of a baby's life. I usually stay awake the entire time staring at the little kicking and hiccuping machine that lived in my belly for so long. Congratulations!